Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

I have been in prayer first and foremost for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings and their families this week.
However, today I find myself praying fervently for  Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Not suspect number 2, or the one still alive.
But by name.
No one knows what his motive was.
Personally, I think his older brother, who is now dead, had more to do with it than him,
as there has not been any explosions or chaos since his death.
I think that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is now very frightened.
Rightly so.
He is a son, brother, uncle, student, among other things.
Just nineteen years old.
The same age as my younger brother, Peter.
I woke up at 7:15am and have been watching the news without blinking.
Generally, I tend to lean on the justice side of things,
Which is why I find it very odd that my heart is so heavy for this young boy.
What he did was wrong in every sense of the word.
I pray that he does not take his own life, or get shot.
I pray that he would realize the gravity of his actions, 
and that he is being given the opportunity to correct them by turning himself in and surrendering.
I feel like he could give many families the closure that they need at this time.
I pray for the authorities that find him.
That they would be given wisdom and discernment on how to handle this situation.
I pray for the nurses that have not only had to take care of the victims in the hospital,
but this morning had to give CPR and compressions to the culprit.
I cannot imagine the moral dilemma they faced.
I do not have a clue what is going to happen.
However, I do know that even before Dzhokhar was born, these words were spoken for him and for me:
"And Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Luke 23:34.



Comments