Wedding Invitations.

when I was a little girl I use to collect...
Little people.
Barbies.
Baby dolls.
Polly Pockets.
It was inevitable.
I owned a sparkly pink fanny pack that could hold all of my collections.
*Can I take a moment to say, I secretly wish fanny packs would come back in style. They were so practical. Amen?
Thanks to my fanny pack, I was prepared to stop and play, anywhere we went.














Today, I do not collect those same treasures.
I collect wedding invitations.
What?
Yes. I do.
I especially love the invitations that are hand written.
It is like a piece of love in hand written form.
At the risk of sounding creepy, but I'm too far gone now so I might as well...
I have a box filled with my friends and family members wedding invitations and programs.
The Bible is filled with imagery of us being the bride of Christ.
And Christ being the groom.
"The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete." John 3:29
I love to see two people in love,
that could not have happened if it had not been for the Gospel in their lives.
I love to see how creative God can be with His match making.
Thanks to pinterest I have my wedding invitations, wedding, and future house all planned out, ha.
All I lack is a man to fit inside the equation.
With time, I'm sure pinterest will be able to help me with that one as well.
Until then, I am going to keep collecting my guilty pleasures.






Comments